AGENDA East Dubuque District Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 FY 2018-2019
4:45 P.M. at 122 Wisconsin Ave., East Dubuque
Hearing for Budget and Appropriation Ordinance 2018-2019 #04.
Motion to open Budget & Appropriations Hearing.
Roll call attendance
Call to order
Public Hearing for Budget and Appropriations Ordinance
Adjournment, Motion to close hearing, Roll call, time.
Roll Call, Record attendance, Verify Quorum- Action
Call to Order Regular Board Meeting –Action
Introduction of Visitors and public comment-Discussion
Corrections or Additions to the Agenda-Discussion and Action
Librarian’s Report: (Discussion)
Treasurer’s Finance Report for June 2018: (Discussion) The Treasurers Report will be filed for audit.
Approval of Minutes of the June 2018 Regular Board Meeting (Action)
Approval of payment of operating expenses & payroll as presented. Roll Call Vote. (Action )
Approval of Closed Minutes of Personnel Committee Meeting 06-08-2018
Approval of Minutes of Budget and Finance Committee Meeting 07-05-2018
Approval of Minutes of Building and Grounds Committee Meeting 07-05-2018
Budget & Finance Committee: See attached Minutes
Building & Grounds: See attached Minutes and Agenda Items
Foundation Meeting: July 19, 2018 at 3:00 pm at the home of Katherine Kelly, President
Foundation and Board hope to set a joint meeting this fall.
Continued Business– Discussion and Action
- Website Project update.
- Technology Project update.
- Dubuque Racing Association Grant update.
- Illinois State Library Grants update.
New Business- Discussion and Action
- Motion to adopt Budget & Appropriation Ordinance 2018-2019 #04.(Action)
Motion, Roll call, time.
- Building and Maintenance Ordinance 2018-2018 #3.
Does the Board approve Building & Maintenance Ordinance 2018- 2019 #03?
(Motion, Roll call, time)
- Does Board approve passage of internal working budget for FY 2018-2019?
Motion, Roll call, time
- Approval of Resolutions 2018-2019 #03 transferring corporate funds into the Special Reserve Fund. Action
- The 1st tax distribution in the amount of $47,561.15 was automatically deposited into bank by County Treasurer on June 20, 2018 ten days before the new Fiscal Year www.jodaviess.org (Discussion)
- Director and officers need to sign an updated bank signatory card at DB&T.
- USDA is requesting additional forms and reports.
- General Building and Grounds review.
- Building report on the Library roof by Trustee Kramer.
- Review possible removal of cedars along the Wisconsin Ave side of the library.
- Review standing dead tree on library property for possible removal.
- Review stucco and paint at front of building flower bed for possible replacement or painting.
- Review outdoor flag area for possible replacement of wiring and spotlight.
- Review front and sides of building for addition of library signs.
- Discuss possibility of having library building included in possible installation of outdoor security cameras by the City of East Dubuque.
- Discuss possibility of removal and replacement of window tinting on all upper area windows.
- Discuss possible expansion of library entryway.
Closed Session 2 ( c ) ( 1 ) Items for the next agenda Adjournment: date, time and place of next meeting