Minutes East Dubuque District Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 13, 2019
5:00 PM at 122 Wisconsin Ave. East Dubuque
Call to Order, Regular Board Meeting
Roll Call: Present – Stephanie Lange, Rick Leute, Kay Zillig, Linda Phillips, Kevin Kramer, Lisa Apple, Absent – Deb Ehrler Time: 5:03 PM
Changes to the Agenda
Committee Meeting Reports:
Foundation Update: Rescheduled to Thursday February 21, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
Treasurers Report for January 2019: We accept the Treasurers Report from Accountant, which will be filed for audit.
Minutes of the January 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
Payment of invoices and payroll as presented
Consent Agenda: Motion was made by Lisa and seconded by Rick to approve the Consent Agenda.
Roll call – Ayes: Stephanie Lange, Rick Leute, Kay Zillig, Linda Phillips, Kevin Kramer, Lisa Apple.
Nay: none Time: 5:20 PM Motion carried.
1. These Building and Grounds updates are tabled to the April meeting: painting the front of library, trimming bushes in front of library, and cutting down tree near neighboring property.
2. Tax abatement for economic district creating a new TIF, tabled to the March meeting.
3. Upper level window treatment is tabled to the June meeting
New Action Items
1. A motion was made by Stephanie and seconded by Lisa authorizing the Director to file and sign any library grants including the library space revitalization grant with the ED Library Foundation. Motion carried.
2. Expenses arising from fire next door, including ServiceMaster’s smoke remediation was $165.00.
3. A motion was made by Lisa and seconded by Linda to authorize the Building and Grounds committee to spend up to $14,999.00 on circulation area furnishings including ADA accessible desk.
Roll call – Ayes: Stephanie Lange, Rick Leute, Kay Zillig, Linda Phillips, Kevin Kramer,
Lisa Apple, Nay: none Motion carried.
4. Policy review for revisions tabled until June.
5. Reviewed emergency closing policy. No changes were made.
6. A Roof leak in juvenile section was worked on twice.
7. Per Capita Grant completed.
8. Director will take two vacation days March 1 & 4.
Adjournment: motion was made by Lisa and seconded by Rick to adjourn.
Time: 6:30 PM Motion carried.
Deborah L. Ehrler, Board Secretary