MINUTES East Dubuque District Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Wednesday, JANUARY 9, 2019
5:00 PM at 122 Wisconsin Ave. East Dubuque
Trustees meet at 4:00 to review and discuss online ADA training JJs List as a group at the Library
Call to Order, Regular Board Meeting
Roll Call Time Declaration of Quorum
Also present: Library Director Jessica Arnold
Auditor Pat McCarthy presentation is Agenda Informational Item 1.
Changes to the Agenda
Committee Meeting Reports:
Foundation Update: Director attended Holiday Gathering in December. Next meeting, Thursday JANUARY 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
Treasurers Report for December 2018: We move to receive the Treasurers Report from Accountant, which will be filed for audit.
Minutes of the December 2018 Board of Trustees Meeting
Payment of invoices and payroll as presented
Consent Agenda approval (Roll call vote)
1. DRA Grant is complete; $3,900 was received and deposited 12-20-18.
2. Building & Grounds update including, painting front of library, trimming bushes in front of library, and cutting down tree near neighboring property.
3. Tax abatement for economic district creating a new TIF, tabled from Dec meeting, tabled again.
4. Installation of window shades tabled to next meeting.
New Action Items
1. Discussed chapter 8 Public Services: Reference and Reader’s Advisory Services.
2. Trustees reviewed and discussed potential future policy modifications perChapters 6-10 “Trustee Facts File 3rd”www.cyberdriveillinois.com.
3. Policy review for revisions tabled to next meeting.
4. Per Capita Grant requirements were met.
1. Auditor Pat McCarthy CPA, discussed audit.
2. All required trustee election papers were filed with Jo Daviess County Clerk.
3. Brief discussion on ADA online training available.
4. Personal Property Replacement tax $996.89 was received and deposited 12-28-18.
5. The Library received and complied with two FOIA requests in December.
6. Giese Roofing workers repaired roof leak on 12-04-18.
7. Holiday Party set on February 8, 2019.
Items for the next agenda. Adjournment: date, time and place of next meeting.
Closed Session 2(c)(1).