East Dubuque District Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
5:00 PM at 122 Wisconsin Ave. East Dubuque
Call to Order, Regular Board Meeting
Roll Call-Present: Stephanie Lange, Rick Leute, Kay Zillig, Linda Phillips, Kevin Kramer, Lisa Appel,
Deb Ehrler Time: 5:00 PM
Declaration of Quorum
Public/Citizen’s Input: Changes to the Agenda
Committee Meeting Reports:
Foundation Update: April 18, 2019 meeting. Foundation will sponsor the Library Summer Reading Program with a $1,000 donation and will assist at the kickoff and other upcoming programs.
Director’s Report by Jessica Arnold, Library Director
Treasurers Report for April 2019: Tabled until June, 2019 meeting.
Minutes of the April 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting, and
Payment of invoices and payroll.
Motion made by Lisa and seconded by Kevin to approve consent agenda as presented.
Ayes: Lange, Zillig, Phillips, Kramer, Appel, Leute, Ehrler. Motion carried. Time: 5:15.
1. Building and Grounds updates that were tabled: Paint front of library and Cut down dead tree. Bushes are now trimmed. Additional intensive weeding and mulching of grounds is requested.
2. Circulation area furnishings including ADA accessible desk ordered with slight changes.
3. Library space revitalization grant update
New Action Items
1. Swearing in of new trustees by Police Officer Mickey Huseman and distribution of election certificates
2. On a motion by Kay and seconded by Linda the present officers retain their positions. Motion carried. Election of officers.
Stephanie Lange, President Lisa Appel, Vice President
Richard Leute, Treasurer Deborah Ehrler, Secretary
3. New Trustees must complete OMA training within 90 days of starting. Training is required once during each term of office.
4. Personnel review and discussion including possible ways to comply with Illinois minimum wage increase from $8.25 to $15.00 by 2025.
Personnel Committee Meeting set Thursday May 23, 2019 4:00 at the Library.
5. General preliminary budget discussion & review-tabled until June 2019 meeting.
Finance Committee Meeting set Thursday May 23, 2019 at 3:00 at the Library
6. USDA Projected Budget and Cash Flow report-tabled until June, 2019, meeting
7. General preliminary goals set
- Prepare to efficiently implement potential grant for library expansion if approved
- Explore ways to comply with Illinois Minimum Wage Law which increases hourly wages from $8.25 to $15.00 between now and 2025
- Explore alternative benefits and ways to support and to encourage retention
of fully trained work staff
- Raise personnel costs to 50% of working budget
8. Reviewed final Jo Daviess County Tax Computation Report, which lists total extension after TIF & EZ adjustments as $ 258,633.89 for tax year 2018. See www.jodaviess.org
9. Motion made by Kevin and seconded by Rick to set the FY 2020 taxing district’s aggregate levy maximum at 4.99 percent per attorney recommendation. Motion carried.
10. Tabled until June, 2019, meeting: Does Board approve the attached fund to fund transfers from general/corporate fund to zero out other funds?
11. Workers Compensation audit and report: tabled until June, 2019, meeting
12. Director met with Ms. Neary of Illinois Department of Employment Security to provide space and computers for outreach services and training for East Dubuque area.
13. Director will complete mandatory FOIA & OMA training
14. Jan will complete Library Officer FOIA training
15. Summer Reading update
16. Director will submit schedule of legal dates for 2019-2020 to Attorney Lenzini
17. Director has published help wanted ads for open position of Program Coordinator.
Motion made by Lisa and seconded by Linda to adjourn. Motion carried. Time: 6:10 PM
Deb Ehrler, Secretary
East Dubuque District Library
President: Stephanie Lange Other Trustees
Vice President: Lisa Appel Kay Zillig
Treasurer: Rick Leute Linda Phillips
Secretary: Deborah Ehrler Kevin Kramer
Executive Director: Jessica Arnold